Thursday, May 16, 2013

BookBuzz: Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda

Hello, and Assalamualaikum.

Yes, I've been reading a couple of good books for the past few weeks and I've been meaning to share them with you guys, but time hasn't been a good friend of mine recently. And plus, time management was never really my forte, so yeah.  :P

Anyway, one of the books that I have read is, Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. A beautifully written story about women across two cultures, American and Indian. This is also a story about women's roles as mothers, as wives and of course as daughters.


Personally, this book is so far the second best book that I have read. I would easily give it 4 stars. Gowda's illustration of the lives of two married couples, Jasu and Kavita Merchant and Krishnan and Somer Thakkar was simply tear-jerking. Gowda's exposure of women's difficulties living in the slum and the sacrifices that they have made could easily make you feel slightly tight in the chest and enough to make you think of your mother. Trust me, cried a couple of times myself. Hehe

And the most exciting part is that I am going to do a compare and contrast analysis of this novel for my Asian Literature! I can't wait to tell my classmates everything about this book! But of course, I am not too excited about writing the report after that. :/

But then, that is not the point of this review, the POINT IS, I think the book is worth-reading. The content is light but thought-provoking enough for you to read when you're commuting back home from work/school or while sipping your favourite cuppa coffee at your favourite cafe. :) Happy reading~!

Toodles, and Assalamualaikum. :)










1 comment:

  1. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

    Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, filem dll dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    ReplyDelete